Wednesday, January 24, 2007

does anyone else have this battle?

Or am I the only one, signifying me having bi-polar disorder? I know that I'm very moody, and go through periods of time where I'd rather just be alone with the people in my head. Now, those little people in my head are awful busy most of the time. But one constant task that they argue about are those "some-timish people" and what to do about them.....I'm a very black and white kinda person....no pun intended. but if I like you, I like you and that's that. I may not talk to you everyday, but I'll do just about anything for you...you can call me any hour, and I'm there....but if I'm startin to not feel you much, chances are, you're on a slippery downward slope....and if I don't like you, it very hard for you NOT to know. *sidenote-I'll never be a poker champ.....for my pokerface is NONEXISTENT*

But sometimes, people fall into the NOT category (as in HOT or NOT) and while usually there is a reason, sometimes there's no big blowout story as to why they have shifted sides on the list. And here's where those little people come in. And after all the babble, I'm getting to the original question I guess. Is it better to be just a tad fake, smile at those you really not feeling, to keep the peace, everyone happy and balanced? Following the theory of don't burn any bridges? Or do you just loose their number and address with no remorse? Isn't it a chore talking to people you're really not interested in? Our time here relatively speaking, is short. Now the obvious cases of 'she stole your man' or 'he crashed your new car' are easy. But those 'something about her just seems a weeeeeee bit trifling' or 'the sound of his voice just annoys me like nails on a chalkboard'...what do you do there???? I'm not good at the fake thing and sometimes I think its a skill I need to develop....dunno....or maybe all this is just another sign that the people in my head are causing me to loose more and more fries in the happy meal that is me....

2 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chiquita my advice is don't fake the funk, that in itself takes too much energy. Go with your gut, if you're not feeling somebody there is a reason why. What do you have to lose if you lose their number? What do you have to gain?

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger SimplEnigma said...

Hmm, as the proverbial fencesitter, I kinda have 2 perspectives on this one.

If the case is not an obvious one like you said, if I don't like you, I just don't really hang around you like that. However, if I see you, I'll be cordial because once you haven't disrespected me (i.e. the obvious shit, in which case I wouldn't be speaking to you PERIOD so there'd be no need for this discussion) I won't disrespect you.

I'm always thinking of a business move. Always. That said, I don't burn my bridges either, because there might be a point in time where I could use your help. Sounds fake? Maybe...but I'm a firm believer in Karmic Justice, and I feel the little petty, trifling shady shit that people do are better handled in her courts...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home