Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood

for some reason the title fits this episode in my life for me. Whenever I see it, I think of something senseless, that runs around in a circle, losing what little meaning it had, that you just shake your head at....

So after what should be another blog entry, I finaly closed on my co-op...wo-freakin-hoo...sorry if most of my enthusiasm is gone.

Never mind I was approved by the board to close in OCTOBER. And we were moving along nicely. When the seller, realized...OOPS! I lost the stock certificate (equivalent to the title of the property). Never mind I wonder how someone could lose that....We had to wait for it to be replaced in order to close.

And never mind the seller showed up LATE to the closing, and was damn near sent back home for a document she FORGOT....AND never mind, when we were finished, everyone's puttin on their coats, lawyers talkin lawyer talk, I had to say UM EXCUSE ME, can I HAVE THE KEYS???!?!?

OK, so never mind those things. I've CLOSED and I have my very own piece of property....what I really wanted to say starts here.

-so we know, earlier this year I was living with my now ex. And I had thought "we" were buying a couch. It was bought on one of those deferred cards that was put in my name. So as we can guess, I never got a dime from him for it even when we were together. Yet, when I was moving out, he wanted me to leave it. While I left more things than I should have, OH HELL TO DA NO on that one. Its goin to stay in my mom's until i move again I said to myself. We'll move her couch to the dining room for now....

-only, when the movers got it to my mom's house, it didn't fit in the door. After trying and trying, they left it in the backyard, its fate to be decided. The next day, my brother took the two doors off the frame completely, and we PUSHED AND PUSHED AND PUSHED til we got it in.....

-so fast forward - now, I've got this new FABULOUS place.....only it has a less than fabulous, brand new carpet....its brand new, but it is MAUVE....a nice way to say PINK....did I mention my couch is GREEN??? Can you see my issue yet? Oh, and I'd like to paint the walls a beigey brown kinda color....hmmmmm.......

-OK. So I'll just pull up the carpet, and put down a tan/beige one! Easy enough right??? So the same day that I closed, my mom and I pulled up the BRAND NEW carpet.....only to find, I can't put a new carpet down JUST YET....WHY??? Because the wood floor underneath, is DRY ROTTED, as if they had some water damage. Sooooooo, in order to put carpet down, which I never really wanted anyways, I'd have to have someone come pull up the entire flooring, and redo it.....

-oh and did i mention - my brother took one look at the doorway and decided, the couch is NOT GOING TO FIT IN.....

So I've got a couch that my "ex and I" bought that actually I paid for, that wouldn't fit in my mom's house and may be tough to get back out. I've got a new place, with a ugly carpet that won't go with my new couch, the ugly carpet that I pulled up to find a ugly floor that needs to be redone, all to match my couch, that won't fit in the door.

*sigh* But I'm a homeowner DAMNIT........I think I want to live in this place for the rest of my life and never have to go through this process again...

7 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger SimplEnigma said...

You make it so hard NOT to laugh, because I can SEE it happening in my mind's eye. Maybe it's a Sag thing, cause when I relate stories like this people always say, "it could only happen to you."...LOL.

Well, despite AAAAAAAAALLLL a dat. You are a homeowner. And it's YOUR ugly carpet and YOUR ugly floors (although, I wish you'd have noticed that before, which could've probably lowered the cost of the place). And when u sleep there for the first time, even if it's not the way you want it to be, the feeling I'm sure will be priceless. And no, I'm not talking from experience, but if I feel dat way about my apartment, and I'm only renting, I'm sure you'll feel 10 times as good.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger The Comedy of Errors Called Me said...

SE - LOL glad u can laugh. as much as I don't want to, it all I can do.
I spoke with my lawyer and he said there was basically no way I could have known what was under that rug because before I officially owned it, I cant pull the carpet up. I guess the plus side is, the value will go up with the new flooring. *sigh*

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, I thought shite like this only happened to me, not glad that it happened to you... but hey you are in good company LOL

My beautiful, burnt brick color, LEATHER couch also did not fit in a rental property when I moved from one state to another. Unlike you- I ended up giving it to goodwill. Better to give than to recieve... yeah right. I often think about that couch *sigh*

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what yuh plan to do with yuh couch? A friend of mine visited my place and broke mine lol ... i'm on the ground floor your brother wouldn't have much to do but pass it through the front door lol.

CONGRATS on the home love - ugly stuff or not

 
At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Despite all the drama, you got your own place! Congrats girl, and have fun settin' up. I'd come help paint, but the drive is kinda far lol:)

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF you were an AKA.. you wouldn't mind.. ROFL

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger The Comedy of Errors Called Me said...

@ Mr A - BWAAAAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
true. very true. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home