Monday, December 18, 2006

Why is it...

that people have to lie so much?
was chatting with a girlfriend about this guy she was briefly dating. and she talked about all the things he lied about. like what he did and some of his family history....I've got plenty of stories like that of my own...but she got me to thinking, WHY IS IT that people have to tell lies about themselves??

I have no problem admitting that I didn't get into any of the PhD programs I applied to. I never went to medical school. I never played soccer for the Trinidad national team. I can't draw and will never have a piece of my art displayed in a museum. I've never been to Egypt or anywhere else in Africa. My parents weren't big time CIA spies, or generals in the military. I don't come from money. I didn't grow up anywhere but boring-ole' Queens. I am afraid of the ocean and can't swim. I don't understand a lot of science concepts, and won't pretend to try and explain them or how to do any kinda fancy mathematical calculations. I live with my mother right now, and I am still making payments on my car. I have little to no hand eye coordination so step and dance classes are not for me. I've never worked anywhere glamorous. Don't know any famous people. I can't cook most west indian dishes, or most dishes in general. Nor have I ever felt compelled to tell anyone any different.

Is it just fun for people to make up stories? Or do they secretly crave to be someone other than themselves. I may be far from perfect, and probably very close to crazy. But that's who I am and I wouldn't trade it for the world. No one else should want to be something else either.....

4 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger SimplEnigma said...

"I may be far from perfect and probably very close to crazy.." I LOVE that line...I'ma use it. I think that describes me perfectly. LOL.

I can actually understand lying to prevent a major catastrophe, or things that might spare a person's feelings (as in, "girl, you put on a couple pounds, but you're not FAT!") but about simple, stupid shit that no one cares about...that I can't understand.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger The Comedy of Errors Called Me said...

SE - I totally agree. I'm not sayin no one ever lies. but come on.....some of the unnecessary and VERY CHECKABLE stuff makes no sense to me....like if you tell me you play soccer for a major sports team. If i can't confirm that its true, you think I'M NOT GONNA LOOK IT UP??? LOL

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know someone, that if he tells you its sunny outside, be prepared to put on your galoshes (ah spell dat right nuh? - i don't wear them so i don't know lol) He lies for no reason, gets caught in it and its like okay what's my lie to get out of it? It's so nerve wrecking. But folks like that you try your darndest to avoid having conversations with. Galoshes are ugly so I don't want to get caught dead in one. But he needs help.

ALL LIES - they broke it down really nicely

"If I can't confirm that its true, you think I'M NOT GONNA LOOK IT UP???"

google is a byotch lol

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I respect your honest. I have known, or dated, these types of liars. I just never understood why folks voluntarily lie about themselves. Funny thing is they never seem to remember that I know their friends who can tell me otherwise. Or the women who act like they are nice and decent, but then you find out they are giving it to everyone. Or they smoke weed like a smoke stack, but want to act like they don't do any of it. Be real.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home