Saturday, December 23, 2006

If Karma's a Bitch, then I must have dated her brother..

Or I talked bad about Karma's mother. Something. There's something I must have done in my past life that would explain why things have to be the way they are. So we all know about how I've been trying to move for months, and how my floor is now the latest thing preventing me.

The materials were to be delivered thursday. my brother apt-sat for me to wait for them. 40 minutes before they were to arrive, the store calls me...they can't make the delivery because the materials were scheduled for the wrong truck. The truck that they would be on can only do curbside delivery. meaning, they leave yo sh!t literally, on the curb. With my apt 200 yards from the curb, yet again, you see my problem. Not to worry she says. We can deliver tomorrow between 8 and 11am. Into my apartment I ask? Yes, inside. I carry on for the inconvenience of it all and hang up.

Friday crack of dawn, I'm sitting in the empty apartment, waiting. Nothing....At 10:30 I call the store and no one seems to have a clue. Only thing they DO know is my materials will not arrive by 11am. They were scheduled to be on the same truck as the day before. With its curb side delivery. Finally I find someone with a clue. And he tells me he will have my materials on the afternoon truck. It does in-home delivery and it should arrive by 12:30. I hang up, but call back to complain some more to him. Does he realize how incompetent the person who helped me was? He offers me a partial refund on the delivery fee. But I want more, and for more I must talk to the Manager.

So here comes the reason the employees are incompetent. Manager comes on the phone and I give my story. He proceeds to tell me Home Depot does not do inhome deliveries. at all. I begin to come undone. I tell him I see inhome delivery on my bill and tell him wait there. I'm coming down to the store.

When I arrive, the gentleman who scheduled me for the afternoon delivery gets on the phone w/the manager and explains to the manager, that they do inhome delivery. So for that fiasco, I got the entire delivery fee refunded and I leave the store more annoyed than when I got there.

So at 12:30, like the guy said, the delivery arrives. Only, its ONE guy for about 20 boxes that are 70 pounds each. And he has no waiver to allow him into my house. He can't deliver my materials he says. He wasn't given the proper info by the store and he has to leave. OOOH HELL TO THE NO you not leaving. I'm on the phone w/home depot. He's on the phone. Everyone's on the phone. The manager tells me they can deliver it on Tuesday instead, the day the workers are scheduled to lay the floor. On and on I scream til I give up. The delivery guy tells me he will do his other deliveries and try to find someone to help him. Otherwise, he'll come back in the morning.

I close up shop, and head back to my mom's....then I get a call. Home depot sent guys to my house and they want to know where am I? WHERE AM I? I am home because there's no delivery! So I head BACK to the apartment to see the three stogers waiting for the truck to come back. A little Puerto Rican kid, no more than 17, who looks like he can barely lift the fork with food to his mouth to give him some damn size! A young black guy, maybe 18 if I'm lucky, and the hunch back of notre dame, 60 year old Italian guy with a cigarette hangin out his mouth. So these are the guys who unload the entire order....

I should be greatful its done now. I'm signing the release from the driver. Standing in the courtyard, the guys from home depot are parked in front of me. They are getting ready to leave. Hunch back man puts the jeep in reverse, and I watch as he reverses RIGHT INTO MY CAR. *sigh*

BUT!!!!! to update the saga, the installers came on the following Tuesday, and ladies and gentlemen, I NOW HAVE A FLOOR!!! :)

3 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a great lawyer lol! Oh I'm so sorry to hear of the ordeal comedy girl! I went through hell with direct tv when i moved in to my apartment...but a week without television led me to begin penning my memoir, organizing my collection of poetry and a novel ...boredom's a byotch.
But in all honesty that fiasco with Home Depot had to be nerve wrecking. I wish you all the best in your new home and that you find comfort in it. Enjoy your new floor.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger SimplEnigma said...

Oh, girl. That's all I can say, "oh, girl"...I had no idea all this was going on...I am at a loss for words...

But, at least you now own your own place. That has to count for something...so keep telling yourself that. Over, and over and over again.

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hell no!!! He backed up into your damn car?!! whadeass?
My question is, how did the manager get his job and he doh know nothing about his stores services steupsssss..damn ingrate

Congrats on yuh floor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home