Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Have I said lately I love my boss?

i'm on a roll today with two blog entries.

ANYHOOTS......so I love my boss. I've always said that....well, 95% of the time. Very understanding, respectful, not a micro-manager...almost too hands off sometimes. all that good stuff.
SO, because sometimes things aren't "managed" completely, things slip through the cracks. Like my vacation time. For some ODD reason, the official HR records do not reflect all the time I've taken off. Leaving me with 12 days and 4 floating days. Technically I've probably taken every last one of them. But technically they haven't recorded that. So when I put in my request for TWO WEEKS off, I was very self conscious of this "error". Didn't think my boss was either. Until he requested a copy of staff's official leave records. After a couple days of sweating, he approved my vacation.

Fast forward to today. Talking with him, he said he doesn't like when I go away... :( awwww he'll miss me. I told him not to worry, although I can't call in, I'll be bringing my laptop. His response was, you deserve your time off, and you know how I feel about that, so don't expect any emails from me...then he smiled, and winked at me.....I almost feel guilty with getting over a week extra time off. ALMOST....not quite.....*goes home and packs tanning oil and shorts*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home