Wednesday, November 15, 2006

There should just be one language

There should be only one language that everyone in the world speaks. It doesn't have to be english. We can take a vote! Well, seein how we here in the US can't seem to get the poll thing right without problems, maybe that won't work....maybe everyone put the languages in a big hat at a UN meeting and somene pick one...although I still don't understand what the purpose of the UN is. They take votes (like the one to end the embargo on Cuba), and then nothing happens.

Today there was an earthquake in Japan, and they are saying there will be a tsnami to follow it. My Aunt is there on a trip for a month. And if you think I'm a worrier, you haven't met my mother.....so needless to say, she was freaking out. My Aunt is staying at some hostel God only knows where. After spending 20 minutes tryin to figure out HOW EXACTLY to call Japan with the country codes, I got the phone to ring....only problem is the woman on the other end doesn't speak A LICK of english. Which I confirmed after the second useless call. On the third, I started by saying "english?" and her response.."AAAAAAH......noooooooo". We both just started laughing, trying to hold a conversation, her speaking in Japanese, me in english, then laughter....Next she put a man on the phone who spoke enough enlish to tell me "please. slower" We got as far as him thinking I was checking in this week....OK we're at least getting closer.....Not sure who the next person they put on the phone was, but i think he was someone from my Aunt's tour. When he spoke, english suddenly sounded foreign to me! But he knew her and was able to get her on the phone.

Relief! "Hi Aunt Jane". Told her I heard there was an earthquake and we were worried. She is a funny person though. She was just happy to be right. She said she felt the quake, but no one else did, so she was going "see, I told them!" I'm glad she feels vindicated but I really didn't want to help her prove herself right, I wanted to make sure she was ok. When she started about this cute Brazilian fella she would like introduce me to, except he's engaged, I knew she was fine, and it was time to get off the phone.

3 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Beauty said...

One day you should really consider taking on one of those hook-ups through Aunt Jane - i'm sure she knows all the hotties....lol....(glad all is well)

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you mean to tell me you don't speak Japanese? nah man yuh lapsin.

Now about the brazilian dude. Except he's engaged? He's not engaged, he bought a ring and is in debt...yuh could fix dat man lol

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger SimplEnigma said...

LOL @ Beauty...Ask Aunt Jane to hook a sista up, cause y'know...well you know. LOL.

One language, huh? Being the horndog that I am, I say we speak in the language of LOOOOOOVE. Hehe. Funny enough, when I was dating the Japanese dude, his English was so-so, but we managed to make it through 3 dinners and one hot wining session in a reggae club.

My vote is for the language of love...All in favor?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home