Wednesday, October 11, 2006

He hid behind a pole from me....

so in addition to having troubles moving, and keeping from getting lost...another area of difficulty for me...dating....actually difficulty is putting it lightly.

For some reason it seemed easier when I was younger, but that just might be because with my shabby memory, I don't remember how shitty it was back then too....

Anyways, about 13 years ago, when I was a freshman or sophmore in undergrad, I met this guy at a bbq. He went to school in DC while I was in school in NY. So we hung out a couple times that summer, and I don't remember talking to him except for when he was home on break.......Okay guy, but nothing to do cartwheels *if you could do cartwheels* over.

Every couple of years, we'd run into each other. Catch up on our whereabouts, lives, and say we'll keep in touch, and I don't. Something about him was always to eager always wanting to meet up or go out. (Like the time I ran into him in ah fete in Miami. We chatted, but I wanted to hang wit the girls, so I did the infamous "gotta run to the bathroom so I'll catch you later" But he had one up on me, and goes, "I'll walk with you".....and he proceeded to wait outside for me to come back out.....steups.....

So fast forward to 2006. One morning I'm waiting for the LIRR, and who is waiting at my station..but HIM. So we chat on the 40 min. ride into the city, and exchange numbers. He texts me that evening, and we catch the same train going home together. We coordinated trains for a couple days here and there for a couple weeks...and caught up on life, work, dating horrors, reminisced on college days..expected him to be a bit more pushy but this isnt bad I think..I didn't mind the chats but wasn't interested in going out with him..but something struck me as a little...I dunno....just OFF. He has an excellent job, VP of something at Citicorp, yet lives with his brother in my neighborhood. But if your our age, in my neighborhood, you're either livin at home with your parents, or your married. Its just how it is....

Well, with my moody self, one Monday morning, I wasn't interested in mindless chatter. So I didn't text him, and I didn't hear from him to see what train I was taking. So I'm waiting for the train with my better companion, Mr. Ipod. And out of the corner of my eye, I see him coming up the stairs. GRREEEEAAAAT I sigh.....There went my quiet time. He didn't realize I saw him coming, and I noticed he made a funny motion with his hand...with what looked like....nah......I've got an active, and VERY suspicious mind....Stop it LJ....good morning he says, looking a bit anxious....So we board the train....we sit across from each other, and the entire ride, he's got his arms folded, hands tucked under, in his most likely sweaty armpits. Til he yawns, and covers his mouth. And there we have it ladies and gentlemen..I wasn't nuts. The strange movement I noticed, was him taking his wedding ring off...isn't it great how a ring leaves that mark on a finger??? So I wonder to myself, should I even say anything? Or let him think he's fooling someone?

"So, you married?" I half state, half ask, as I point to his finger with the pale mark where his ring used to be...10 minutes ago.....
"seperated for 4 months now.....its a long story...it started out as papers and..........." I zone out for the rest of his senseless babbling......and just go "OK, I hear you".....

Couple days later he texts me, "hey wanna hang out friday?" I was having a pretty bad week, dealing with the aftermath of a breakup and was no where in the mood for games. I replied what your wife's out of town? no thanks.......simple, yet affective answer because a month later, I haven't heard from him again.

Until this morning. Walking to the train I see his car, and mumble OH GREAT. well, I think it was more than mumble. Wonder if he heard me cause I looked up and there he is, walking back to his car, from buyin his train ticket. I say good morning, and he replies and then says he's going to park. I never miss a step in the exchange, and begin to dig frantically for my buddy, Mr. Ipod...what if he wants to talk? expand on lies......my man lets me down, because his battery is dead...Maybe he'll take the next train I think.....well, I didn't have to worry. Instead of coming up the stairs where we normally stand, I saw him walk up the stairs at the far end of the platform, and stand behind the pole until the train came.....I boarded with a laugh, sat down, closed my eyes and woke up in Penn Station with a smirk on my face......I made a grown man hide from me.

2 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well another clown bites the dust (lol)!!!
It's so much easier if you tell the truth or embelish slightly :)))))
Long stories and things beyond beleif usually are, but I understand why dudes do it.
It's exciting to con or hustle the draws off of someone (pun intended-lol).
All in all, it's quite entertaining when somone gets caught out there, but hiding behind a pole is a real punk ass move -lol!!!

Romey

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger SimplEnigma said...

Whoo-hoo!! Two in one week...(entries that is). I'm gonna make a comment everytime you make an entry (even if I don't have anything to say). I think they call it positive reinforcement. LOL.

Ugh...cheating men are SUCH a turn off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home