Thursday, October 18, 2007

every once in a while people suprise me...

driving home from the train station. come to a four way stop sign shortly before another car. (I should draw a picture)....but I'm going to make a left hand turn at the stop sign. The car that pulled up is adjacent to where I need to turn, going straight across....I start to make my left turn, and as I'm half way done, the white mercedes starts to make its way across the intersection.....FLASHBACK to the one accident I had, I KNEW the guy was going to hit me....and tonight I had that same OOOH DAMN.....they are going to hit me feeling...we must have been INCHES from each other but that inevitable BAM!!! that I expected didn't come. I slowed after completing the turn because I'm about to make the turn into the driveway, when I see that the car proceeded across the intersection, stopped, and began to reverse...

Now that initial shock passed, I'm like OH WORD? they comin back for what?? I didn't hit them!! I had the right of way in the first place....they reverse to where I am, and she rolls down the window.....I prepare my arsenal of swears in my head and I wait for her to speak first....."I'm SOOOO SORRY...I saw you turning, but my head was just somewhere else. I'm really sorry" HUH!?? takes my brain a minute to compute...the aggressive little people in my head are mad they have to put the swears away. "Its ok. I know how it is sometimes. Travel safe sweetie".....Now I'm more in shock that she apologized than the fact that she was seconds from smashing the front of my car.

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's because it was a holiday..Oct 18th!! LOL

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's because it was a holiday...Oct 18th...LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home