Wednesday, May 09, 2007

what's gone wrong?

many days I just refuse to watch the news. Ignorance is bliss right? But I don't like to be unaware of what's going on around me. But when I turn it on, it just confuses and hurts me to watch. A young man opens fire on college students killing 31 young minds that haven't even gotten a chance to experience life. A man is caught on video tape beating an elderly woman with a walker, for her purse. How much money could she really have? and the temptation is still so strong? A man robs a priest in his church at gun point for the rent money, then proceeds to beat a woman next door with her own purse to rob her. A 19 year old kills a "friend" because of a dispute over a playstation! I close the paper, turn off the news and wonder, why.....maybe these things shouldn't affect me as much as they do, but what causes a person to do these things? Ok, sometimes you may have impulses to 'go for yours' or get revenge for something. But where's the missing link that prevents people from acting on these thoughts? No one knows what goes on in someone else's mind, or their life for that matter. No one knows when someone is pushed just one step too close to the edge. A friend of mine once told me, when she first got married, her and husband didn't want to have kids. They didn't want to bring innocent people into this not so innocent world. And I couldn't blame her for feeling that way.

I guess its easy to focus on all that is wrong right?
"Be the change you want to see in the world"....I love that quote but wonder sometimes if anything can combat all that needs changing.

1 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Crankyputz said...

All seems too much sometimes, those are stay in bed days...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home