Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The braces chronicle

so its four months I've had the braces. hopefully just six months to go.
getting more used to them, although looking at pictures I of course smile even less now than before, if that's even possible. but i'm not as horrified as I was in the beginning. When this is all done, after all the pain, and payin all this money I better smile in my sleep....The positive side of maybe I'd lose weight cause I can't eat went out the window after about three weeks. Cause come hell or high water, I was gonna figure out how to eat what I want...

Today at the dentist office, another sucker with braces actually tried to pick me up. EVEN IF I was looking, no thanks. I may be a hypocrite, but I'm not dating another person with braces. That everytime I look at them, I'm reminded of what MY mouth looks like. I can a lot of complications with that...sorry guy...

But he starts his pick up attempt with he loves a woman with natural hair. And anytime he sees one he's struck by the fact that they are a rebel...A rebel I ask? Yes, against all the processes and chemicals. Um, I'm no rebel. I just hated perming my hair. And if anytime he sees a woman with natural hair he's driven to talk to them, he's not very selective. Everyone has natural hair nowadays. Better luck next time pal.

5 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm seeing someone wit bracers an I love to kiss him, he on d other hand...lol
I think he is cute even with them on and I hope I am there to plant d first kiss as soon as they come off.
My teeth pretty good but my dentist suggested bracers cause when I bite down dey fall almost ontop of each other an they said that can cause they teeth to wear down...but...the orth telling me after the bracers I may need to extract two of my very healthy teeth from the bottom row, pushing them back may cause crowding or they may have to take a slice off each teeth!
I think from d look I gave her after hearing dat she knew I wasnt go to wear dem...why d hell I have to take out two of mih good teeth...is ok pardners I am happy with mih teeth jus so...lol
btw hello, found ur blog thru SE's, pls post more :D

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger The Comedy of Errors Called Me said...

Hi Jan,
maybe if the guy was cute, I would be singing a different tune! heehehee
I suggest if you are interested in getting braces, get a second and maybe even a third opinion from other orthos. The first one I went to said I'd have to remove FOUR teeth. and knowin the look you gave, you can imagine what I did. HA! I'm not removing any. the pain of em now is more than enough to deal with.

and thanks for stoppin by! i need to post more. I'm gonna try at least once a week :)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Onika Pascal said...

the laugh i woulda buss out in he face...ha lawd.

Your are hilarious.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Hi, coming out of delurk mode to say I've been enjoying our blog a lot. You're hilarious, the way yu tek bad tings mek joke, as we would say here in Jamaica.

I'm a tingrinner too. Got them towards the end of May last year. Wanted to rip them out after the first day, but now, I've gotten used to them, and love how my smile is looking better than it was before. In fact, I'm grinning (no pun intended) a lot more now. My orthodontist gave me 18 months, so I'm estimating by this November, they should be off. Then, the retainers. Oh well. it'll be worth it all in the end.

Hmmm, would I date someone with braces? I guess I wouldn't rule it out, all things considered. :)

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger The Comedy of Errors Called Me said...

onika - he just tried TOOO hard to be smooth....probably figured i was safe bet like who wants to date her with braces?? LOL

n-drea - HI! glad you enjoy. so its not just my mother who thinks I'm funny (and is obligated to say that)
wow november!! bet ur counting the days :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home