Thursday, January 24, 2008

all so often I start my thoughts with "maybe its me"....because often I feel I must be alone in my way of thinking....and here's another example of that.

Think of a thing, an item, OTHER THAN money, that you'd be willing to wait in like HOURS for.....you have a couple things??? OK say we're talking over TWENTY-FOUR hours. Standing...sitting...heck, laying in line, on the street...you still got something? And say, once you obtain this item, you still have to PAY for it. OH and add that the temperature outside is about 25degrees....you still have something? Cause I don't.

Last night leaving work, I saw the beginning of lines being formed outside of Foot Locker and Foot Action. Must be a new sneaker coming out soon. And when I left work today, the line was still there, and getting longer. So that's 24 hours these people have been outside, in the cold, waiting, to go into a store, and spend over $150 I'm guessing for a pair of sneakers..(never mind it probably cost $5 to make em....that's a WHOLE other story). And I wondered who on earth would really be willing to do this...I'm the same person that thinks the idea of Black Friday is absurd as well. No way I'm lining up outside a store, to get trampled when the doors open, fight for the one tv left, just because its a few bucks cheaper....

So on my train ride home, I tried to come up with something that its importance, would be the equivalent to me...maybe concert tickets? new Coach bag? a new restaurant serving all my favorites? unless we talkin a free trip around the world, I couldn't come up with anything. Can you?

1 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Bwoy, I couldn't come up with anything, other than the free trip around the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home